Friday, January 9, 2015

Why is she always on my mind?  Why do I want to know everything about her? What kind of tooth paste, where did she have dinner last night, what is her morning routine?  Why am I constantly wondering 'wonder what L is doing right now'? I bet she would tell me to just ask her, text her when it comes up.  But I'm afraid I'll probably use up all of her data minutes. And also that she'd really know the extent of my obsession.

But why?  It's definitely mother-crap.  In my nearly-50 years I have become obsessed/infatuated with a few other women.  I do remember this happening with my 1st grade teacher, a co-worker when I was in my early twenties, and my first therapist when I was in my early twenties.  In fact the obsession/infatuation with my co-worker is what led me to seek therapy in the first place. Although it was shrouded by depression and complicated by my finally accepting my sexuality so I certainly wasn't tackling my attachment stuff head on then.

No comments:

Post a Comment