Friday, March 2, 2012

Man, this therapy-stuff is hard, and if I'm gonna take what I learn and experience in therapy out to the real world, well that is hard too!

It's been a long, almost surreal week, especially dealing with all this feeling-crap, and getting myself to talk.  In some respects I feel like I've moved mountains, but then again, at the same time I feel almost childlike. 

M and I have had some pretty intense discussions, and although maybe nothing 'tangible' has changed, something has changed, or at least shifted, and that's a good thing.  But honestly, there's also a part of me that is scared of this shift.  Can I actually maintain this level of communication and honesty?

I've also been a lot more open with L this week.  And then the same question 'Can I actually maintain this level of communication and honesty'?

4 comments:

  1. YES!

    :)

    Congratulations on the mountain moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good progress. Our journey will always be up and down. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, therapy stuff is hard. And you are working hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean in so many ways. I often walk out of therapy and am so proud on what I've accomplished - and then kind of deflate. The same in outside life too - it tends to be tiring.

    I'm hoping that you are well!

    ReplyDelete