Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I guess I'm having a mini tantrum right now, but it's my blog and I'll cry if I want to!!  I haven't seen L in nearly 2 weeks, and she hasn't reached out to me at all.  And of course I know she's not supposed to, but knowing that doesn't make me feel any better.

I want to contact her, but I more want her to contact me! I'm the one going through multiple life changing events and if she cared she just sent a quick text.  I did breakdown last week and send her a picture of the new sign for the shop, and she did respond, sending me 'good karma' for the Friday opening, but that's been it. 

Nothing.  No call, no email, no text. 

I could be dead on the side of the road for all she knows.

4 comments:

  1. This sucks - and I'm sorry she hasn't contacted you. I've gone through something similar and I was horribly hurt and disappointed.

    Perhaps drop a text letting her know what's up. Do you have a session planned over the next couple of weeks?

    I hope things get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does sound difficult. I wonder what the 'rules' are for you and L? For myself, my T would never contact me unless there was a problem with his schedule or something. It's always up to me to initiate contact. As I know that's how he works, I don't take that personally. Has L ever reached out to you on her own, in the past? I don't think it would be usual therapist type behaviour.

      Could you text her with your concerns?

      I was wishing you luck on Friday, hope the yummy ice cream shop is going well.

      sorry can only reply

      Delete
  2. I hate that about therapists. Even if they really do care, they can't reach out. Boundaries - ugh. How is the store coming along though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone for understanding, even if it's childish!

    I did text her last night, but I struggled with what to say, so it was just a simple 'Hi'. She responded asking about M's surgery and how opening day was. I gave her a condensed update, and that was the end of our correspondence. I was hoping for more.

    I know I should just come right out and tell her what's going on in my head, but I'm not there yet.

    ReplyDelete